Primary cardiac tumor or cardiac tumor is a very serious disease that can occur for many reasons. After some time, this problem can develop into heart cancer, while some people can also get heart cancer due to cancer spreading from other organs. Cancer that starts in the heart is often a sarcoma, a cancer that originates in the soft tissues of the body. If the tumor is in an organ close to the heart, it can travel to the heart through the bloodstream. When this happens, it can also damage other organs, such as lung tumors, breast tumors, esophageal tumors, kidney tumors, leukemia, lymphoma, and melanoma.
What is the difference between tumor and mass?
A cardiac mass is a piece of tissue in the heart. This mass can be a tumor or something that is not a tumor. A tumor is specifically caused by abnormal growth of cells. Masses that are not tumors can form for a variety of reasons, such as a malformed structure or a buildup of blood cells in part of the heart.
Benign heart tumors are often very large. This can cause compression of important cardiac structures in the heart and impede blood flow. Most heart tumors are treated with surgery, but treatment options may depend on the size, location, and type of tumor, as well as the patient’s age.
Usually to remove a heart tumor open heart surgery is necessary. During the procedure, the surgeon removes the tumor and some of the surrounding tissue from the heart. Then they will make sure to treat according to the patient’s health condition.
When symptoms of a heart tumor appear, doctors do many types of tests to be aware of them. After which heart tumor is treated with chemotherapy or radiotherapy according to the condition. Heart tumors caused by tumors that have spread to other parts of the body are usually treated in the same way as normal tumor treatments. With a heart tumor, doctors treat according to the patient’s physical condition and the condition of the disease. In some cases, surgery may also be used. However, with a heart tumor, the operation is quite complicated.
What are the symptoms of a heart tumor?
Most cases of heart tumors have no symptoms. The symptoms of heart tumors are often similar to those of other heart conditions. This can make it challenging to diagnose. Depending on the location, size, and growth rate of the tumor, children may have:
- heart failure
- heart murmurs
- palpitations, rapid heartbeat or arrhythmia
- shortness of breath when changing position or lying upright
- dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting
- chest pain or chest tightness
What Are the Causes of a Cardiac Tumor?
The causes of heart tumors vary. For the most part, heart tumors are thought to result from abnormal growth of heart tissue cells. A small percentage of tumors are also genetically predisposed to a person because of family history, which can be detected by genetic testing. In most cases, the tumors develop even without any family history.
How is a heart tumor diagnosed?
In some cases, heart tumors often begin to grow before the baby is born. With the help of diagnostic tools, such as fetal ultrasound, it is often possible to detect tumors, sometimes as early as 20 weeks of pregnancy. However, some tumors are not discovered until later in pregnancy or after birth.
Imaging of the heart is necessary to diagnose a heart tumor. The doctor may recommend one or more of the following tests to diagnose a heart tumor:
- Echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart): Sound waves are used to create images of the heart, outline tumors and evaluate blood flow.
- Cardiovascular MRI: Evaluates the structure and function of the heart and blood vessels and determines the type of tumor.
- Cardiac CT: Used to view the heart, blood vessels and lungs.
- Chest X-ray: May show abnormalities leading to detailed cardiac imaging.
- Cardiac Catheterization: Evaluates for obstruction of blood flow by tumors and coronary arteries.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG): Measures the electrical activity of the heart and evaluates for arrhythmias.
- Holter monitor: Measures heart rhythm and evaluates for arrhythmias.
How many types of heart tumors are there?
There are many different types of heart tumors in children. The most common tumors seen are rhabdomyoma and fibroma. In rare cases (less than 1 percent), heart tumors are cancerous. The table below summarizes each tumor type seen at Boston Children’s:
- intrapericardial teratoma
- Milligant (cancer)
Hospital for the treatment of heart tumor
like you heart tumor You can have your treatment done in one of the following hospitals mentioned by us:
Best Hospitals For Cardiac Tumor In Delhi
- BLK-Max Super Specialty Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- Fortis Heart Hospital, Okhla, Delhi
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
Best Hospitals for Heart Tumor in Gurgaon
- Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Fortis Healthcare Limited, Gurugram
- Paras Hospital, Gurgaon
Best Heart Tumor Hospitals in Greater Noida
- Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida
- Yatharth Hospital, Greater Noida
- Baksan Hospital, Greater Noida
- JR Hospital, Greater Noida
- Prakash Hospital, Greater Noida
- Divya Hospital, Greater Noida
- Shanti Hospital, Greater Noida
Best hospitals for heart tumor in Meerut
- Subharti Hospital, Meerut
- Anand Hospital, Meerut
Best Hospitals For Cardiac Tumor In Hapur
- Sharda Hospital, Hapur
- GS Hospital, Hapur
- Baksan Hospital, Hapur
- JR Hospital, Hapur
- Prakash Hospital, Hapur
Best Hospitals For Cardiac Tumor In Kolkata
- Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Science, Mukundpur, Kolkata
Best Heart Tumor Hospitals in Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital, Bannergatta Road, Bangalore
- Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore
heart tumor best hospitals in mumbai for
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
- Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Bandra, Mumbai
of Hyderabad for heart tumor best hospital
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakdi Ka Pool, Hyderabad
Best Heart Tumor Hospitals in Chennai
- Apollo Proton Cancer Center, Chennai
heart tumor best hospital in ahmedabad for
- Healthcare Institute of Medical Sciences, Sola, Ahmedabad
If you would like to be treated in one of these hospitals, please contact us. Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) You can contact at
like you heart tumor If you want to be treated or treated for a problem related to it, or ask a question, it is possible click herenext to you By downloading our app from the Play Store, you can immediately consult a doctor.you us Whatsapp (+91 9654030724 and +91 9599004811, You can also contact us at Apart from this, you can also email us at [email protected] regarding our services. Our team will contact you as soon as possible.
disclaimer: GoMedii is a digital healthcare platform that integrates all healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii provides its readers with health news, health tips and all health related information through blogs verified by health experts and doctors. All information and facts published in GoMedii Blog are thoroughly checked and verified by doctors and health experts, verifying the source of the information.