When a person finds out about cancer, it is as if the ground slips from under his feet and at the same time many negative thoughts come to his mind. Most cancer patients are not only mentally and emotionally disturbed during treatment, but also afterwards. Although there are many different types of cancer in the body, we are talking about breast cancer that is more common in women.
In this situation, some people also need to consult a psychologist. It is usually defined by the “C” word, a word of concern to everyone. Breast cancer is a major problem for women. The death rate is increasing due to late detection of breast cancer cases.
Two types of surgery used to treat breast cancer are mastectomy and lumpectomy. Additional surgeries for breast cancer may include lymph node dissection (lymphadenectomy) and breast reconstruction surgery.
Mastectomy, or breast removal surgery, is the most common surgery for breast cancer. This is because mastectomy treats both late stage and early stage breast cancer. In addition, some people who are at high risk of developing breast cancer in the future choose prophylactic mastectomy as a preventative measure.
- total mastectomy
- double mastectomy
- skin-sparing or nipple-sparing mastectomy
- modified radical mastectomy
- radical mastectomy
Lumpectomy, also called breast-conserving surgery, removes only part of your breast tissue. It is an alternative option for the treatment of early stage breast cancer. When the tumor is small and has not spread to other parts, doctors may perform surgery to remove just the tumor. Lumpectomy A border of surrounding tissue is also removed.
Your breast cancer surgery will be tailored to your individual needs based on your discussions with your healthcare team. This includes removing part of your breast, all of your breast, or both. This may include a sentinel lymph node biopsy.
like you breast reconstruction If chosen, your surgeon can begin or complete your reconstruction during the same surgery. This could be additional sores in your body. For example, if your surgeon needs to remove tissue from another part of your body for your breast reconstruction. You can also choose to postpone breast reconstruction until after your cancer treatment.
What are the risks of breast cancer?
The main causes of breast cancer or any type of cancer are not yet known. However, the following are some of the reasons that may be responsible for breast cancer:
- Age: Most cases of breast cancer are seen in women over the age of 55.
- sex: Most breast cancer occurs in women. Although it can also happen to men, breast cancer in men is rare. The incidence of this cancer is very high in women worldwide.
- Genetic predisposition: Mutations in genes called BRCA1 and BRCA2 increase your risk of breast cancer.
- Start of menstruation: Women who start menstruating before the age of 12 are more likely to develop breast cancer.
- Maternity in old age: Having your first child after age 35 can also be a risk factor for breast cancer.
- Hormone Therapy: Estrogen and progesterone medications taken after menopause may also increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Delayed Menopause: Having menopause before age 55 may also increase your risk of breast cancer.
Apart from these, there are many other reasons that can be responsible for breast cancer. Such as family history, poor lifestyle, unbalanced diet and excessive alcohol consumption etc.
types of breast cancer
Invasive ductal carcinoma: Cancer cells grow outside the milk ducts in other parts of the breast tissue. Aggressive cancer cells can also spread to other parts of the body.
Invasive lobular carcinoma: Cancer cells have spread from the lobes to the surrounding breast tissue. These aggressive cancer cells can also spread to other parts of the body.
How many stages are there in breast cancer?
As already mentioned, there are several stages of this cancer. The stages are divided based on the size of the tumor and how far it has spread.
- Phase 0: At this stage, cancer cells have not spread beyond the breast duct. Even the rest of the chest does not reach.
- Phase 1: At this stage, the tumor is no more than 2 cm wide and the lymph nodes are also unaffected. But cancer cells start to increase in size, which starts to affect the healthy cells. However, their size ranges from 0.2 mm to 2 mm. In some cases, their size may exceed 2 mm.
- Stage 2: At this stage, breast cancer begins to spread beyond its size to other parts. In such a situation, it can also happen that it has spread to other parts.
- Phase 3: This stage of breast cancer becomes serious. At this stage, the cancer begins to spread to the bones or other organs. Apart from this, it can also spread to 9 to 10 lymph nodes under the arms and a small part of the collarbone.
- Phase 4: At this stage, the tumor can be any size and cancer cells can spread to any part of the body, such as the liver, bones, kidneys, and brain.
How is breast cancer screened?
There are several tests your doctor can do to diagnose breast cancer. We tell you some types of tests below. Of these, your doctor may recommend one of these tests.
- Mammography: This is an imaging test. Women over the age of 40 with a genetic predisposition to breast cancer may be advised to have a mammogram.
- ultrasound: This imaging test makes it very easy for your doctor to determine if you have breast cancer.
- Biopsy: If the mammogram or ultrasound doesn’t rule out breast cancer, your doctor may suggest a biopsy. In this test, tissue samples from a suspicious area are sent to a lab to be tested for breast cancer. These samples can be collected with a needle or through an incision.
What Are the Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
Initially, breast cancer may be asymptomatic. Breast cancer symptoms also depend on the type of breast cancer. However, the most common symptom of this cancer is a nodule. But keep in mind that not every lump is cancerous. Here we list some symptoms of breast cancer:
- nipple redness
- bloody discharge from the nipple
- change in breast size
- lump or swelling in the armpits
- A sensation of a hard ‘lump’ in the breast, these lumps are usually painless.
However, these symptoms can be from any disease other than breast cancer. Therefore, at the sight of such symptoms, immediately go to the doctor and have the necessary examinations carried out.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Cancer Surgery?
The main goal of breast cancer surgery is to remove the cancer, which is life-threatening if left untreated. The risks of breast cancer are much greater than those of surgery.
Best hospital for breast cancer treatment
like you breast cancer treatment You can have your treatment done in one of the following hospitals mentioned by us:
Best Hospitals In Delhi For Breast Cancer Treatment
- BLK-Max Super Specialty Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- Fortis Heart Hospital, Okhla, Delhi
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
Best Hospitals In Gurugram For Breast Cancer Treatment
- Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Fortis Healthcare Limited, Gurugram
- Paras Hospital, Gurgaon
Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in Greater Noida
- Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida
- Yatharth Hospital, Greater Noida
- Baksan Hospital, Greater Noida
- JR Hospital, Greater Noida
- Prakash Hospital, Greater Noida
- Divya Hospital, Greater Noida
- Shanti Hospital, Greater Noida
Best Hospitals in Meerut for breast cancer treatment
- Subharti Hospital, Meerut
- Anand Hospital, Meerut
Best Hospitals In Hapur For Breast Cancer Treatment
- Sharda Hospital, Hapur
- GS Hospital, Hapur
- Baksan Hospital, Hapur
- JR Hospital, Hapur
- Prakash Hospital, Hapur
Best Hospitals In Kolkata For Breast Cancer Treatment
- Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Science, Mukundpur, Kolkata
Best Hospitals In Bangalore For Breast Cancer Treatment
- Fortis Hospital, Bannergatta Road, Bangalore
- Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore
breast cancer treatment best hospitals in mumbai for
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
- Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Bandra, Mumbai
for the treatment of breast cancer in Hyderabad best hospital
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakdi Ka Pool, Hyderabad
Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in Chennai
- Apollo Proton Cancer Center, Chennai
breast cancer treatment best hospital in ahmedabad for
- Healthcare Institute of Medical Sciences, Sola, Ahmedabad
like you treatment of blood cancer If you want to get it done, or get treatment for a related problem, or ask a question, then click herenext to you By downloading our app from the Play Store, you can immediately consult a doctor.you us Whatsapp (+91 9654030724 and +91 9599004811, You can also contact us at Apart from this, you can also email us at [email protected] regarding our services. Our team will contact you as soon as possible.
disclaimer: GoMedii is a digital healthcare platform that integrates all healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii provides its readers with health news, health tips and all health related information through blogs verified by health experts and doctors. All information and facts published in GoMedii Blog are thoroughly checked and verified by doctors and health experts, verifying the source of the information.