Brinjal is super delicious. So it has a permanent and safe place in almost all kitchens. It has a flavor absorbing property that makes it a great vegetable.
From cooking casseroles to making fries, brinjal is versatile. Besides the taste, however, there is more to this vegetable. The nutritional values of eggplant are extraordinary.
From making the brain super healthy to cutting back on fat, brinjal is excellent. Therefore, nutritionists recommend including eggplant in your diet for your well-being. Research proves that eggplant has many nutritious benefits for good health.
Since it is low in carbohydrates and calories, egg plant consumption makes it easier to lose weight. Plus, its high fiber content works wonders in controlling your appetite. So, if you are on your way to lose weight, choose brinjal as your partner.
Nutritional values of Brinjal
according to USDA, 100 g of brinjal contains significant amounts of essential nutrients, making it an ideal vegetable to include in your diet. However, you can talk to a HealthifyMe nutritionist about using eggplant nutrition to meet your weight loss needs.
|Power supply||Amount of|
|Vitamin A||1 µg|
|Vitamin K||3.5 µg|
Is eggplant good for weight loss?
Inevitably and undoubtedly, yes. Brinjal, eggplant, eggplant, etc. Whatever you call this vegetable helps in weight loss. Including it in your diet could help you lose weight. according to a studiesEggplant promotes weight loss in obese and overweight people.
Those who want to control their weight need to make changes in their diet. Replacing high-calorie foods with low-calorie foods is essential. Also, one should increase their dietary fiber intake. Doing so can lead you to stick to not-so-tasty foods. However, that is different in the case of egg plant.
Thanks to the super-absorbent pulp, egg plant can absorb all spices and flavors. So it is soft and delicious. The absorbent pulp makes it not only tasty, but also fibrous. Any food rich in fiber is good for weight loss. Fiber helps curb their cravings. Therefore, they stay fuller without having to eat more.
Brinjal is the perfect example of low calorie but nutritionally compact food. This vegetable has limited calories that are enough to provide the required energy. But at the same time, the calories are low enough to promote weight gain. However, you have to make sure that you cook it properly because deep frying or cooking with a lot of oil is not good.
The HealthifyMe note
Brinjal is the favorite vegetable of every true food lover. While most consider it a vegetable, ovule is a fruit, a berry. Interestingly, it has many names in different regions. Some call it an eggplant, while others recognize it as an eggplant. And most parts of Asia and Africa call it egg plant. India and China dominate the egg plant production in the world at 85%.
Brinjal Weight Loss Benefits
Brinjal is a must and should be a vegetable for all households. The dishes you can prepare with it are unlimited, as are the health benefits. Among the various benefits of eating eggplant, weight loss is one of its main benefits. Following are the reasons why ovaries promote your weight loss:
Low glycemic index (GI)
According to a studiesthe eggplant secures a position in the glycemic index.
And that’s a low GI range. So anything low on this index makes it perfect for slowing down blood sugar and glucose. So it has no effect on weight gain.
Eggplant has properties to reduce one’s cholesterol intake. In addition, this vegetable ensures that your metabolism gets higher. It is because this vegetable contains more fiber, vitamins and antioxidants.
An increased metabolism can lead to the burning of plaque buildup in the arteries. That eventually leads to weight loss.
Rich in polyphenols
Brinjal contains abundant phenols. These are compounds that occur naturally in plants and plant foods.
These compounds help you lower your energy intake by slowing down digestion. Therefore, polyphenols help you reduce the risk of obesity. Thus, even juices or spring water for weight loss help you to keep fit.
Low in calories
Low calorie foods are preferred to reduce obesity. Also, calories are related to the accumulation of energy and cholesterol.
And when the body has little physical activity to use that stored energy, it leads to obesity. So it is good to eat foods with limited calories. Brinjal is a perfect choice.
Good source of antioxidants
According to a studies, eggplants have high antioxidants. Antioxidants are good for weight loss. Foods rich in antioxidants help fight obesity.
In addition, these substances have been found to increase metabolism and facilitate digestion. Fortunately, egg plant has more antioxidants than most other vegetables. Therefore, you can lose extra weight.
High in fiber content
Fiber plays an important role in the decision to lose weight. Dietary fiber, which people get from food, causes them to lose weight. Also, the body cannot digest fiber right away.
The slow digestion of fiber helps you feel fuller, allowing you to eat less without feeling hungry. For example, slow digestion and a feeling of fullness for longer will help you curb their cravings. It also lowers cholesterol somewhat.
Brinjal weight loss recipe
There are great recipes to make with brinjal. Whatever you make with it, you’ll love the flavor and taste. Providing tasty food is the essence of a healthy diet. Here are two healthy eggplant recipes you can include in a weight loss diet:
Grilled Eggplant With Tomatoes And Basil:
- Cut the eggplant into ½ cm thick slices and brush with olive oil.
- Grill the eggplant slices over medium heat until soft and with grill marks.
- Sprinkle the grilled eggplant with diced tomatoes, fresh basil and a pinch of feta cheese.
Eggplant and Chickpea Curry:
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add diced eggplant, canned chickpeas, diced onions, minced garlic, and your favorite curry spices to the pot.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft, then stir in a can of coconut milk and a handful of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve the curry with cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Eggplant is a low-calorie, high-fiber vegetable that can be a healthy addition to a weight loss diet. Including eggplant in your meals can add variety and flavor to your diet while still achieving your weight loss goals.
The HealthifyMe note
Brinjals are available with us in many colors. And they also appear in slightly different forms. For example, most of us usually see purple and green colored eggplants. However, these vegetables come in white, indigo, and various other shades of purple. Anyway, all colored eggplants show almost the same nutritional benefits.
You can use this vegetable to lose weight quickly, healthily and deliciously. Besides controlling weight loss, it is believed to have other health benefits such as reducing the chance of cancer, curing inflammation, strengthening bones, etc. Moreover, HealthifyMe Pro 2.0 allows you to learn how to manage your weight go, the qualified nutritionist will guide you on how to include brinjal in your diet. The app has all the features to help you lose the extra pounds in an instant.
Deciding to lose weight is literally a tough decision. But the process of successful weight loss is a big problem. Various physical activities, a stress-free lifestyle and, most importantly, a change in diet are necessary.
Taking measures to include foods that are good for weight management is the first step.
Brinjal, for example, has excellent fiber content and is low in calories and is a perfect option for weight loss. So, without delay, prepare unique dishes along with those mentioned here for weight loss.
The research sources
1. Gürbüz N, Uluişik S, Frary A, Frary A, Doğanlar S. Health benefits and bioactive compounds of eggplant. Food Chem. Dec 1, 2018;268:602-610. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2018.06.093. Epub 2018 Jun 20. PMID: 30064803.
2. Yarmohammadi F, Ghasemzadeh Rahbardar M, Hosseinzadeh H. Effect of eggplant (Solanum melongena) on metabolic syndrome: a review. Iran J Basic Med Sci. Apr 2021;24(4):420-427. doi: 10.22038/ijbms.2021.50276.11452. PMID: 34094022; PMCID: PMC8143715.
3. Nwanna EE, Ibukun EO, Oboh G. Nutritional value of selected species of tropical eggplant fruit (Solanum spp) diet attenuates liver inflammation in high fat male Wistar rats induced with streptozotocin. Food Science Nutr. Nov 19, 2018;7(1):109-119. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.811. PMID: 30680164; PMCID: PMC6341174.
4. Colak N, Kurt-Celebi A, Gruz J, Strnad M, Hayirlioglu-Ayaz S, Choung MG, Esatbeyoglu T, Ayaz FA. The phenolic and antioxidant properties of cultivars of black and purple versus white eggplant. Molecules. Apr 8, 2022;27(8):2410. doi: 10.3390/molecules27082410. PMID: 35458607; PMCID: PMC9030419.
5. US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. 2014. USDA Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies 2011-2012. Food Surveys Research Group Home Page, /ba/bhnrc/fsrg