There are many such physical problems in our body, the many symptoms of which are mixed. This makes it a bit difficult to identify them. ‘Pancreatitis’ is another such problem, which can also indicate its occurrence along with upper abdominal pain. In such a situation, it is important that you are aware of this health problem so that it can be treated in a timely manner. If you have a problem related to the pancreas, you can consult a doctor. to see a doctor click here,
What is Pancreatitis?
Inflammation in the pancreas is called “pancreatitis.” The pancreas is a large gland located behind the stomach and near the first part of the small intestine. This gland works to secrete digestive enzymes into the small intestine. The problem of inflammation in the pancreas occurs when digestive enzymes begin to work to digest the pancreas itself. There can be many types and reasons for this problem. We will try to give you complete information about it.
like you treatment of pancreatitis You can have your treatment done in one of the following hospitals mentioned by us:
- Sarvodaya Hospital, Mumbai
- Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre, Chennai
- MGM Healthcare Pvt. Ltd, Chennai
- Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
- CK Birla Hospital, Kolkata
- Rainbow Hospital, Delhi
- Apollo Children’s Hospital, Chennai
- Sitecare Cancer Hospital, Bangalore
- Black Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
- Healthcare Institute of Medical Sciences, Ahmedabad
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Noida
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Fortis Hospital, Ahmedabad
If you would like to be treated in one of these hospitals, please contact us. Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or call us (+919599004811) on this number can do.
types of pancreatitis
Chronic pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas that occurs repeatedly or lasts for a long time. People with chronic pancreatitis can have permanent damage to their pancreas and other complications. Scar tissue develops from this ongoing inflammation.
acute inflammation of the pancreas
The onset of acute pancreatitis is often very sudden. The swelling usually resolves within a few days of starting treatment, but hospitalization may be required in some cases. Acute pancreatitis is much more common in adults than in children. Gallstones are the primary cause of acute pancreatitis in adults. This condition can also develop into chronic pancreatitis if you smoke or drink alcohol.
pancreatitis symptoms of
The symptoms of acute and chronic pancreatitis may differ, namely:
Symptoms of Chronic Pancreatitis: Like chronic pancreatitis, it can also start with upper abdominal pain. However, some people do not feel this pain. This pain can also increase after eating. Apart from this, the following symptoms may also occur:
- greasy and foul-smelling stools
Symptoms of acute pancreatitis: Pain in the upper abdomen can come on gradually or suddenly. This pain may spread to the back and last for a few days. Apart from this, there may also be some other symptoms of acute pancreatitis:
- swelling of the abdomen
- nausea and vomiting
Inflammation of the pancreas can also cause some complications. The information is given below.
Surgery and other treatments for pancreatitis
After the pain and swelling in your pancreas has subsided, your doctor will begin treating the underlying cause of the disease and guide your further treatment.
- Surgery to remove blockages in the bile duct: If your pancreatitis is caused by a narrowing or blockage in the bile duct, your doctor may perform a procedure to widen your bile duct to clear it.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (RCP): This procedure uses a thin long tube with a camera on the end. Your doctor will insert this tube down your throat. ERCP can help diagnose and repair problems in the bile duct and pancreatic duct.
- Gallbladder surgery: Sometimes stones in the gallbladder also cause pancreatitis. In such cases, your doctor may perform gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) to remove it.
- Pancreas Surgery: If your pancreatitis has accumulated excess fluid or diseased tissue has developed, your doctor may perform pancreatic surgery to remove scar tissue and drain the fluid.
- Therapy for alcohol dependence: If you have chronic pancreatitis caused by excessive alcohol dependence, your doctor will recommend treatment for alcohol dependence.
How is pancreatitis diagnosed?
If your doctor suspects you have pancreatitis, they may recommend the following tests, depending on your condition:
- blood tests to check for elevated levels of pancreatic enzymes
- fecal test, to measure the fat content in the stool
- CT (Computerized Tomography) to check for gallstones and to evaluate the degree of inflammation of the pancreas
- Abdominal ultrasound to check for inflammation of the pancreas and gallstones
- endoscopic ultrasound to look for inflammation and blockages in the pancreatic duct or bile duct
- MRI to look for abnormalities in the gallbladder, pancreas, and ducts
like you Treatment of pancreatitis (treatment of aplastic anemia in India) Do you want to get it done, or do you want to ask a question related to this disease? click herenext to you By downloading our app from the Play Store, you can immediately consult a doctor.you us Whatsapp (+91 9654030724, +919599004811) You can also contact us at Apart from this, you can also email us at [email protected] regarding our services. Our team will contact you as soon as possible.
disclaimer: GoMedii is a digital healthcare platform that integrates all healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii provides its readers with health news, health tips and all health related information through blogs verified by health experts and doctors. All information and facts published in GoMedii Blog are thoroughly checked and verified by doctors and health experts, verifying the source of the information.