The word pseudophakia is derived from the Latin word meaning false lens. Actually, this word is used when an artificial lens is placed in place of the natural lens in the eye. When someone has an eye problem, we go to an eye specialist. In this age of technology, people get many new kinds of diseases.
Eye disease Cataract seen in many people. Cataract is called Cataract in English. When cataracts occur, the ability to see gradually decreases, making vision blurry. If you have an eye problem, you can consult our doctor. to book your appointment click here,
Doctors use this term when an artificial lens is placed in the eye instead of the natural lens. When the lens is implanted in the eye. So it is called intraocular lens (IOL) or pseudophakic IOL. Let us tell you that pseudophakic IOL is used during cataract surgery because a person suffering from cataract causes blurry vision through the natural lens. It is a common condition associated with aging. The lens is the part of the eye that focuses light and images so that a person can see. Let us tell you when pseudophakic IOL is required, how it is applied.
Know the symptoms of eye damage
Pseudophakia may require an IOL if the following symptoms are observed. The symptoms are similar to cataracts.
- blurry sight
- difficulty with color recognition
- difficulty seeing in low light and at night
- Feeling the need for extra light while reading
- seeing double in the affected eye
- difficulty focusing on near and distant objects
- Hypersensitivity to light, including sunlight, car headlights, etc.
causes of pseudophakia
Typically, doctors can use this treatment if someone has cataracts and therefore needs to remove the lens. This is the most effective way to cure cataracts. This is why most doctors recommend this procedure in cases of cataracts, and it is also a fairly simple and quick surgery to perform.
- getting old
- to smoke weed
- radiation therapy
- heir apparent
- diabetes problem
- eye injury or swelling
- exposure to ultraviolet radiation
- exposure to sunlight
How is the procedure for pseudophakia performed?
Surgery is the main and last resort for cataracts. Before surgery, the doctor will select the right lens based on the shape and size of the eye. The doctor will apply an eye drop to dilate the pupil. In addition, the area around the eye is also cleaned. A medicine is given to numb the eye so that no pain is felt. The doctor will remove your cloudy lens using one of these techniques:
The doctor makes a small incision in front of your eye. A probe that emits ultrasound waves is inserted and the cataract is broken through. The pieces of the old lens are then sucked out.
Doctors use a laser to make a small cut in the eye and remove the cataracts.
extracapsular cataract incision
The doctor makes a large incision in the front of the eye and removes the entire cataract. After your old lens is removed, your doctor will replace it with a new one. A patch or shield is placed over the eye until it is completely healed. After the operation, the patient can go home the same day, but he cannot go home alone.
Hospital for cataract treatment
If you want to undergo cataract treatment, you can be treated in one of the hospitals we have listed:
Best Hospitals For Cataract Treatment In Delhi
- BLK-Max Super Specialty Hospital, Rajinder Nagar, Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- Fortis Heart Hospital, Okhla, Delhi
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
Best Hospitals In Gurugram For Cataract Treatment
- Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Fortis Healthcare Limited, Gurugram
- Paras Hospital, Gurgaon
Best Cataract Treatment Hospitals in Greater Noida
- Sharda Hospital, Greater Noida
- Yatharth Hospital, Greater Noida
- Baksan Hospital, Greater Noida
- JR Hospital, Greater Noida
- Prakash Hospital, Greater Noida
- Divya Hospital, Greater Noida
- Shanti Hospital, Greater Noida
Best Hospitals in Meerut for Cataract Treatment
- Subharti Hospital, Meerut
- Anand Hospital, Meerut
Best Hospitals in Hapur for Cataract Treatment
- Sharda Hospital, Hapur
- GS Hospital, Hapur
- Baksan Hospital, Hapur
- JR Hospital, Hapur
- Prakash Hospital, Hapur
Best Hospitals For Cataract Treatment In Kolkata
- Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Science, Mukundpur, Kolkata
Best Cataract Treatment Hospitals in Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital, Bannergatta Road, Bangalore
- Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore
cataract treatment best hospitals in mumbai for
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
- Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre, Bandra, Mumbai
for cataract treatment in Hyderabad best hospital
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakdi Ka Pool, Hyderabad
Best Hospitals For Cataract Treatment In Chennai
- Apollo Proton Cancer Center, Chennai
Cataract treatment best hospital in ahmedabad for
- Healthcare Institute of Medical Sciences, Sola, Ahmedabad
If you would like to be treated in one of these hospitals, please contact us. Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) You can contact at
How is pseudophakia diagnosed?
To understand the patient’s need for a pseudophakic IOL, the doctor performs some eye tests. With the help of which the doctor can find out whether the patient needs a pseudophakic IOL or not. The doctor may recommend one or two of the following eye tests.
- Visual Acuity Test: It asks you to read letters on an eye chart. Vision is examined through this test.
- Visual Acuity Test: The doctor uses a special lighted instrument to look for problems with the patient’s iris, lens, and eye structure.
- retina exam: For this, the doctor first gives drops to dilate the pupils. This makes it easier to examine the retina. The doctor then uses a special instrument to examine the retina and lens. So that cataract or any other disease can be detected.
How many types of cataracts are there?
- Traumatic cataracts: Cataracts caused by an injury to the eye are called traumatic cataracts. Cataracts can also occur many years after the injury.
- Secondary cataract: This type of cataract develops more quickly after glaucoma surgery.
- Radiation Cataract: Some cataracts are caused by radiation exposure.
- Congenital cataract: This is a congenital or infant cataract. This cataract is very small and does not affect the vision of the eye. But with increasing age, it may be necessary to replace the lens of the eyes.
If you would like to have cataract treatment in India, get treatment for a problem related to it, or ask a question then click herenext to you By downloading our app from the Play Store, you can immediately consult a doctor.you us Whatsapp (+91 9654030724 and +91 9599004811, You can also contact us at Apart from this, you can also email us at [email protected] regarding our services. Our team will contact you as soon as possible.
disclaimer: GoMedii is a digital healthcare platform that integrates all healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii provides its readers with health news, health tips and all health related information through blogs verified by health experts and doctors. All information and facts published in GoMedii Blog are thoroughly checked and verified by doctors and health experts, verifying the source of the information.